The Executive and Management extend a very warm welcome to members, affiliated members and guests.
The Taradale & District RSA Club is located in the heart of Hawkes Bay between Napier and Hastings and is perfectly positioned in Gloucester Street with only a short walk to all Taradale shopping and amenities.
THE HEART OF OUR COMMUNITY
This community based Club has an active membership which reflects the town’s fast growing population, great weather and its horticulture for wine producing which is second to none. We have a great range of facilities and sub-sections for your enjoyment and welcome prospective members to our Club to inspect our premises. Our Club is known for its fellowship and camaraderie.
We offer you friendship and many activities such as the snooker and pool clubs, darts and indoor bowls, crib, 500 cards, shooting and golf. You can enjoy the concert party, over 60 Club, women’s section and housie. We have a wide range of entertainment and popular weekly raffles. Enjoy the restaurant dining or bar bistro. Onsite are gaming machines and a TAB. There is something for everyone at the Taradale RSA.
A brief history by Mr John Horton, Club Curator
The original building started with the purchase of the old Greenmeadows Cycling Club’s headquarters at a cost of 700 pounds in November 1953, at auction placed on its present site on Glouchester Street. In July 1955 and ablution block was added behind the shed.
During the next 12 months future plans for the RSA Club rooms were in the pipe line and plans for a third stage of the new hall which was to include two dressing rooms and a stage.
Stage three was started on 23rd June 1956 with the boxing for the foundations of the hall. By 29th October 1956 after 1200 man hours of voluntary labour they had most of the frame work up and all the roof principals in place. The Club Rooms were finally completed after some 4500 man hours by some 70 members at a cost of 2,650 pounds.
The official opening of the clubrooms was on the 18th May 1957 by the RSA’s East Coast Vice President, Mr Scott Raleigh. Praise was given to Mr A. Dannimore of Greenmeadows for his replica of the RSA badge on the front of the building.
Stage four was commenced in the mid 1960′s which was added to the front of the building and included offices and a new entrance to the premises.
Stage five the lounge area which was added on to the left hand side of the hall was started in 1973 and completed in 1974. The official open was held the 25th may 1974 by Sir Hamilton Mitchell.
Stage six the new dining area which could cater for 100 + people was started in September 1985. Behind and to the left of the new lounge were the current entrance to the clubrooms are located. This was completed in march 1986 at a cost of over $300,000. The official opening was held on the 3rd March 1986 by Sir William Leuchars.